People celebrate Ugadi by preparing Ugadi Pachadi ,which is made of new jaggery, neem flowers ,raw mango pieces and new tamarind which reflects our life - a mixture of 6 tastes sour, sweet, salt, spice, bitter and tanginess tastes symbolizing sadness, anger,disgust, surprise , fear and happiness.
- Neem Buds/Flowers for its bitterness, symbolizes sadness
- Jaggery for sweetness, symbolizes happiness
- Green Chilli/Pepper for its hot taste, symbolizes anger
- Salt for saltiness, symbolizes fear
- Tamarind Juice for its sourness,symbolizes disgust
- Unripened Mango for its tanginess, symbolizes surprise